API for URI Management and URI generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API for URI Management and URI generation

Are there API functions that allow functions to executed programmatically?

Just like running a scheduled task trigger function, I'd like to be able run the URI (re)generation from within a custom module.

Secondarily, I'd like to not run it for ALL items. I'd like to be able to run the regeneration per product or per category. I'm not sure I am seeing these functions in the LSK.

Thanks,

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Well, there's the API Function list here...oh wait...they removed that...never mind.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

For the record, ( and no "sounding like a broken record" pun intended) there is a solid reason that this was removed from documentation. The code in the LSK is to give people examples on how to solve problems. The act of documenting these functions made some think it was a good idea to CALL functions in our modules from their own code.. which created all kinds of problems. This code was not in any intended to be maintained in a backwards compatible way. If anything the original inclusion of this in docs was the mistake.

grep -ir "MvFUNCTION NAME" > BrucesOwnPersonalAPIFunctionDoc.txt"

Keifer

Keifer Hunniford | MIVA

Comment

oookaayyyy... i get what you are saying, but one could limit access to this via say a login...that being said, we have plans to build our own and already have a pretty good library of the functions we commonly use. that being said, miva is but of an anomaly here in that regard. i also understand that this is not a trival thing to document, especially with the breadth of functions currently involved. Perhaps its time to try a 'developer community' approach to this issue?
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

...still looking to find out if I can automate URI (re)generation at least on all products/categories.

Scott
          AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration

Comment

You'd want to call URI_Generate_Product_Update or URI_Generate_Category_Update. That is the top-level function that will honor all the configured URI settings. Both of those functions exist in the uri_ut.mv file in the LSK.
            David Carver
            Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thanks David. Found it in Features. I thought it would have been the Library but only found the URL component.

Scott

Comment

Working...
              X