X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using API for URI Management

A question about this API function:

Code:
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.genuri_result" VALUE = "{ [ g.Module_Feature_URI_UT ].URI_Generate_Category_Update( l.settings:uri_category ) }">
    Am I seeing the correct result that the function does NOT replace the existing URI. It will always create a new record?

BTW: it makes some sense to me since I don't think you want to leave the old link as unreachable?

Thanks,

Scott
    IDS
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

It does whatever you behaves based on how you have the "Update Category URIs" settings in URI Management. See attached screenshot.
    Attached Files
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thanks for the transition into my follow up question. Is it possible to specify those settings programmatically? It's possible I would need to manage on the fly, per product or category code.

Scott
      IDS
      AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration

Comment

You can modify the values using the domain level provisioning tag "URISettings_Update" but you cannot control the values on a per product / category basis.
        David Carver

Comment

Cool, thanks.

With the API, am I able to change/update an existing ctgy/prod uri to another setting? The example I might need to handle is going from Normal to a 301? Or is it the same answer?
          IOW, if I'm looping through a list of categories and test for a condition that needs to change to a 301 I need to update the global (only) settings to make it a 301 redirect, update the category record, then change back to the original if needed?

BTW: I'm just now looking the Feature URI functions and see there are specific functions for categories and products, etc.

Scott
          IDS

Comment

You could use the JSON API to import domain level provisioning. There are specific functions for categories / products but they all generate URIs based on the configured URI settings. You may be better off just creating / modifying / deleting the URIs programmatically yourself instead of relying on the URIs to be auto generated. I.e. callthe API function "ProductURI_Insert" directly
            David Carver

Comment

Thanks David, I thought I got all the answers needed and would be done. If there were a product with multiple URIs where a portion shouldn't be deleted, could I delete specific URIs?

And lastly, using that _update function I asked about initially, it seems to insert duplicates. Is that possible or might I be applying the function incorrectly?

Scott
              IDS

Comment

You could use the "URI_Delete" API function and pass in one of "URI_ID", "Edit_URI", or "URI" as the identifier for which URI you wanted to delete. You could also call URIList_Delete which takes a "URI_IDs" array containing the URI IDs you wish to delete.

I would not expect the update function to insert duplicates, this could be happening based on the URI template and/or the settings configured.
                David Carver

Comment

Working...
                X