No announcement yet.

Attribute-Level Stock Management for On-Demand Products with Extensive Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attribute-Level Stock Management for On-Demand Products with Extensive Variants

One feature I wish Miva offered is the ability to set specific attribute combinations (e.g., color and size) as "in stock" or "not in stock" without needing to manage a full inventory count. Currently, we have thousands and thousands of specific inventory variants due to our product offerings—over 100+ products, each with anywhere from 1 to 30+ color options, which are then available in sizes ranging from XS to 6XLT. As you can imagine, this leads to a massive number of variants to manage.

At the moment, I have to assign a large arbitrary number (I use 100,000) for every attribute combination so that we never risk running out, and then manually set a 0 for items that are out of stock from our supplier.

Our business model involves ordering items on demand from our supplier and decorating them in-house, making it unrealistic to maintain a true, live inventory level for every variant. Instead, we depend on our suppliers’ stock levels and need a quick, efficient way to mark items as unavailable when our supplier runs out.

This would greatly simplify managing inventory across our many variants and save considerable time for businesses like ours, where maintaining real-time inventory counts for every option isn’t feasible.

I believe a more flexible approach to managing stock at the attribute combination level would benefit many users, particularly those handling on-demand or custom products with extensive variants.

Working...
X