Payment Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment Methods

We are trying to get the payment methods to appear on our Merchant Email Confirmation. We have the below code:
    Code:
    <mvt:foreach iterator="payment" array="order:payments">
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:payment:type EQ 6">
    Refund:
    <mvt:else>
    Payment:
    </mvt:if>
    &mvte:payment:desc;:<br />
    </mvt:foreach>
    Code:
    <mvt:foreach iterator="payment" array="order:payments">
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:payment:type EQ 6">
    &mvt:payment:formatted_amount;
    <mvt:else>
    &mvt:payment:formatted_amount_negative;
    </mvt:if>
    <br />
    </mvt:foreach>
    The "Initialize List of Payment Transactions" is checked off.
    I tried doing a test order using an account credit and the Payment Method isn't showing. I also tried sending an email using 'order emails' in admin

We use the following code in the Order Confirmation template:

Code:
    <p class="style3"><strong>Payment Details:&nbsp;</strong>
    <mvt:if expr="'Visa' CIN l.settings:order:payments[1]:desc"><strong>Visa Card</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'MasterCard' CIN l.settings:order:payments[1]:desc"><strong>MasterCard</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'paypal' CIN l.settings:order:payments[1]:desc"><strong>PayPal. Note that as per their requirements, delivery will be to your PayPal address.</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'Purchase Order' CIN l.settings:order:payments[1]:desc"><strong>Direct Deposit / Electronic Funds Transfer.</strong><br /> Use <strong>&mvte:order:ship_fname; &mvte:order:ship_lname;</strong> or <strong>#&mvt:order:id;</strong> as the payment reference. Orders are processed once funds arrive in our account. If unpaid after 14 days, order will be cancelled.<br /> - Westpac Banking Corporation, Australia<br /> - BSB / Routing: <strong>xxxx</strong><br /> - Account: <strong>xxx</strong><br /> - Name: xxx<br /> - SWIFT: xx </mvt:if>
    </p>
    Leon Gross
    www.soundlabsgroup.com.au

Comment

Leon A little off topic, but I see that you have Direct Deposit / Electronic Funds Transfer mentioned in your Order Confirmation template code. Would you be willing to share how automated, or not, that process is and how it's been going for you? After some big losses due to international fraud I've been considering something like that for high-value international orders and would love to hear your experiences.
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

It is only automated on the order side when the order is place, we have to manually check the bank account, then apply payments in our invoicing system. I'd say 95% of direct deposit comes from local customers (we are in Australia), and maybe a few times a month (but customers request it, so we provide it), and funds can be instant or take a day or two to show up. We've just used the Purchase Order module with updated wording to handle it since we don't take actual purchase orders via the website. There are few places that the wording needs updating in the various templates/pages, but I was able to do it myself and I'm not a Miva expert. The Miva invoice page and the confirmation email have the bank account details listed.

We haven't had any issues, pretty sure once the funds are in the account, they are there to stay so to speak unlike credit cards. We've never had any problems anyway, and have been using it for many years. Hope that helps!
        Leon Gross
        www.soundlabsgroup.com.au

Comment

Working...
        X