Good Hosting Companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Hosting Companies?

I've had great service and help from Hostasaurus over the past five years. I'd recommend them.
    Comment

We recently moved to Hosting4Less.com and have been very happy so far. Eric and Ron have answered all our questions and emails within minutes and have been very helpful with the transition. Their server speed is very fast (especially compared to our old host, Valueweb), and their price is also very reasonable compared to others for the features we get.

Good luck,
      Eric

Comment

Your hosting company is what insures your orders get processed and money flows into your bank account irrespective of credit card gateways (which I’ll get to in a minute). We have been on the web 7 years with 5 hosts. We have been with Wolfpaw for the last 4 years because of the 4 previous hosting experiences. We get 24/7 phone support, next to no down time and a store that handles 25 – 30,000 visitors per month, converting at almost 3% - all without breaking a sweat.

Gateways – I like to drink beer and get stupid on the weekends. While I’m drinking beer and getting stupid, my website quietly takes money and sends it to my bank. My website can’t take money (without my intervention) without a gateway. We are currently re-evaluating our current gateway because we feel it does not offer strong enough fraud protection. I believe Miva is bringing Chase on line in the very near future and they are supposed to have a very fine suite of fraud prevention tools. We will also be looking at Verisign (purchased by PayPal about 2-1/2 years ago).

Merchant processors – one step below attorneys. If you’re a drop shipper, make sure you’ll get your money fast enough. Pay your due diligence and confirm the “sales pitch” with other merchants using the service.
        Mitch Rezman
        General Manager
        Windy City Parrot, Inc.
        906 N Western Ave
        Chicago, Illinois 60622
        Website - Blog
        Twitter - Facebook

Youtube - LinkedIn

Comment

Working...
        X